|Title||34 Anson Street (Mary Lanneau House)|
|Object Type||Property File|
|Scope & Content||
Constructed ca. 1848; rehabilitated 1969. The widow of a member of a family of French Acadians with large real estate holdings constructed this 2-story single house a decade after the 1838 fire, using fashionable pressed brick rather than the locally made, handmolded variety. The house was passed through numerous owners until it was rehabilitated in the Ansonborough Project in 1969.
Folder 1 contains documents and correspondence relating the sale of the property, including Contract of Sale and statements of sale/settlement; "right of first refusal" letter; correspondence related to the covenant; annual inspection letters and reports; correspondence related to the management of the property.
Folder 2 contains entry from "Notes on Ansonborough Houses" by Samuel G. Stoney; historical research notes; photocopy of property labeled ARP (Ansonborough Rehabilitation Project); envelope containing pieces of plaster; copy of HCF easement information card (TMS number, year of construction, significant resident(s), deed research, deed restrictions, measurements, and tax information); graduate student report (2008) on the history of the house, which includes historical and chain-of-title research, maps, photos, and other supporting documentation (wills, deeds, plats, etc.).
See Covenant/Easement Inspection Photo Files for inspection photography.
Ansonborough Rehabilitation Project (ARP)
1 Covenant/Management Folder
1 History/Miscellaneous Folder
|Related Records||Show Related Records...|
|Object ID #||ANSON.034.001|