|Object ID #||CALHOUN.274.01|
|Title||274 Calhoun Street (Daniel Cannon House a/k/a Anderson House)|
|Object Type||Property File|
|Scope & Content||
Constructed ca. 1802 by Daniel Cannon, lumberman and builder, for his daughter. A two-and-one-half story wooden house on a high basement, with a hipped roof and wide piazza. Also has valuuable Adamesque interiors and a large brick outbuilding.
File contains brief history with list of important interior features; SC Historical Society house history (1964); house history from Information for Guides of Historic Charleston; attachments to BAR application (May 2005) including map, site plans, and photographs (copies); property card and Title to Real Estate (Anderson to MUSC); documentation of HCF's concern for the house with the proposed development of hospital facilities on Courtenay Drive (includes history of house and itemization of architectural features); newspaper article about MUSC's plans to construct hospital facilities on Courtenay Drive; CD containing architectural drawings (site plan, floor plans, elevations, sections); circa 1940s photograph.
|Subjects||Historic buildings--South Carolina--Charleston|
|Physical Description||1 File Folder|
|Related Records||Show Related Records...|