|Title||27 Anson Street (Palmetto Fire Company Hall)|
|Object Type||Property File|
|Scope & Content||
Constructed ca. 1850; converted to apartments ca. 1940; rehabilitated in 1986 as a single family residence. Edward C. Jones, architect. This masonry, Italianate structure was completed about 1850 and was acquired by the new city fire department by the 1880s, remaining in this use until the end of the decade. The building retains its pediment supported by console brackets and its arched side doorways, but its open central bay was filled in the 1940s during the conversion of the building into apartments.
Two files contain documentation of the covenant; annual inspection reports; requests for alterations; correspondence and other documentation related to the sale and/or management of the property and/or of the covenant itself; historical/research information; copy of HCF easement information card (TMS number, year of construction, significant resident(s), deed research, deed restrictions, measurements, and tax information); graduate student report (Rebecca Morrish Cybularz, 2008) on the history of the house, which includes historical and chain-of-title research, maps, photos, and other supporting documentation (wills, deeds, plats, etc.).
See Covenant/Easement Inspection Photo Files for inspection photography.
|Subjects||Historic buildings--South Carolina--Charleston|
1 Covenant/Management Folder
1 History/Miscellaneous Folder
|Related Records||Show Related Records...|
|Object ID #||ANSON.027.001|