|Object ID #||CHURCH.079.1|
|Title||79 Church Street|
|Object Type||Property File|
|Scope & Content||
This 3-story stuccoed brick house is of very early construction. The site was part of Town Lot No. 39, which was granted to Anthony Bonneau, a Huguenot immigrant, in 1694. At some point, the corner portion of Lot No. 39 was acquired by John Bullock, who devised it to his widow, Mary Bullock, from whom it passed to their daughter Milicent, who married Col. Robert Brewton. Col. Brewton sold the lot, apparently containing this house, in 1722 to John Frazier. The addition on the north is believed to date from ca. 1742. (Source: Info for Guides)
File contains FOHG house history (1968); house history from Information for Guides of Historic Charleston; handwritten (staff) research notes (chain-of-title).
|Subjects||Historic buildings--South Carolina--Charleston|
|Physical Description||1 File Folder|