|Object ID #||BOGARD.033.001|
|Title||33 Bogard Street (Caldwell-Rich House)|
|Object Type||Property File|
|Scope & Content||
Constructed ca. 1852. The property has a long and complex history, which is outlined in the historical research on file. The parcels which today are 31 and 33 Bogard Street, were purchased by James Caldwell, a factor and commercial merchant, who built wood buildings on each parcel. In 1854, 33 Bogard was sold to Anna K. Rich. This house was the first house to be rehabilitated as part of HCF's Neighborhood Impact Initiative. In May 2005, a fire destroyed much of the interior and the entire piazza. Fortunately, much of the detail and trim survive and the house will be restored.
Folders 1A and B contain original legal documentation of the covenant on the property; 2005 document relating to legal case; annual inspection reports and letters (1995, 1997, 1998, 1999); requests for alterations; contracts, bills, invoices, budget spreadsheets, and other documentation of repairs and renovation expenses; correspondence and other documentation related to the sale and management of the property; plats and architectural drawings; 1888 Sanborn map. Folder 2 contains narrative history; historical/chain-of-title research information; plats; newspaper article "Foundation's Program Helps People as it Saves Houses" (date illegible); letter from owner; invitation and guest list from HCF Open House; Survey and Planning Grant/Bogard Street Project; HCF Neighborhood Impact Initiative project information; HCF Revolving Fund Home Ownership Program information.
See Covenant/Easement Inspection Photo Files for inspection photography.
|Subjects||Historic buildings--Conservation and restoration|
Neighborhood Impact Initiative
Home Ownership Program (HCF Revolving Fund)
Before and after
2 Covenant/Management Folders
1 History/Miscellaneous Folder
|Related Records||Show Related Records...|