|Object ID #||ANSON.063-65.001|
|Title||63 Anson Street (Susan Robinson Dependencies)|
|Object Type||Property File|
|Scope & Content||
Constructed ca. 1839; rehabilitated mid-1960s. One of two small gable-ended, masonry buildings (63 and 65 Anson Street) constructed as dependencies for 48 Society Street. Mrs. Robinson rented these properties separately before the Civil War. 63 Anson Street is listed as having been occupied by slaves in the 1861 census.
Two files contain documentation of the covenant on the property; annual inspection reports; requests for alterations; correspondence and other documentation related to the sale and/or management of the property and/or of the covenant itself; historical/research information; photocopy of ARP photo of 65 Anson; drawings of the property; copy of HCF easement information card (TMS number, year of construction, significant resident(s), deed research, deed restrictions, measurements, and tax information); original Title to Real Estate conveying the property to HCF in 1959; notes from an interview by Bill McIntosh, current owner, with James Thomas Bell, former home owner (2001).
See Covenant/Easement Inspection Photo Files for inspection photography.
|Subjects||Historic buildings--South Carolina--Charleston|
Ansonborough Rehabilitation Project (ARP)
1 Covenant/Management Folder
1 History/Miscellaneous Folder
|Related Records||Show Related Records...|