|Object ID #||CHURCH.053.1|
|Title||53 Church Street (Joseph Ball House a/k/a Julius Lee House)|
|Object Type||Property File|
|Scope & Content||
Constructed 1881. This site was owned by the Joseph Ball family for nearly 100 years. His widow's estate was finally settled in the late 1870s. Property tax records and deeds indicate that the purchaser, a stevedore, apparently built a typical example of an antebellum masonry single house with a pilastered, closed gable end and Tuscan-columned piazzas. It has served for many years as the parsonage for the First Baptist Church.
File contains FOHG house history (1995); house history from Information for Guides of Historic Charleston; deed research report; plat (1921).
|Subjects||Historic buildings--South Carolina--Charleston|
|Physical Description||1 File Folder|
|Related Records||Show Related Records...|