|Title||247-249 Meeting Street|
|Object Type||Property File|
|Scope & Content||
This site at the corner of Wentworth and Meeting Streets was the location of a livery stable, car dealership (1950s), Farrah's Beauty School (1970s), and Chapter Two Bookstore (2000). (Source: SC Room building file)
No history on file. Needs further research.
File contains page from Scrapbooks of Charleston: Architectural Inventory (1973) (from CCPL Building Files) with scant information and a photo about 249 Meeting Street; captioned newspaper photograph (1958) of 247 Meeting Street about the building's brickwork revealed after its neighbor (237 Meeting Street) was demolished; HCF Position Statement (12/21/2004) regarding rezoning of 247-249 Meeting; photocopy of site plan, floor plans, elevations, photo layout that presumably was submitted to the BAR (LS3P, 2012); newspaper articles and letter to editor about construction of hotel at the site.
No photos on file. Image in this record is from document in the Property File.
|Subjects||Historic buildings--South Carolina--Charleston|
|Physical Description||1 File Folder|
|Object ID #||MEETING.247-249.1|