|Object ID #||ARCHDALE.036.001|
|Title||36 Archdale Street|
|Object Type||Property File|
|Scope & Content||
Constructed ca. 1797-78 by Benjamin Harvey, a bricklayer who acquired the property in 1797 for 400 pounds. It was Lot No. 157 on the Grand Modell of Charleston. The dwelling is of the same period as the Joseph Winthrop House at 129 Tradd Street. In 1899, the property was owned by a Mr. Hogan and leased by Mr. A.R. Grooms who ran a small dairy there. Two marble steps rise to a door opening on the porch, running the length of the house on the south. Building was demolished in 1957.
36 Archdale is the building on the right of the photo (ca. 1947).
File contains two newspaper articles, including DYKYC.
Historic buildings--South Carolina--Charleston
Lost architecture--South Carolina--Charleston
Demolished buildings, lost buildings
|Physical Description||1 File Folder|
|Related Records||Show Related Records...|