|Title||24 Bee Street|
|Object Type||Property File|
|Scope & Content||
Constructed ca. 1838 by a prosperous factor and planter, Richard Teasdale. Two and a-half story frame house with a hip roof and piazzas across the front and on both sides. Also on the lot is a 2-story service building and a small brick "necessary." The service building is one of the few unaltered structures of its kind in Charleston, combining a kitchen, wash kitchen, and servant's quarters with a cantilevered "run" shading the first level and a carriage house and stable, with hayloft above, on the other end. The "necessary" is a small separate building with glassed doors. Presumably, BAR application to demolish was denied and the building still exists.
File contains portion of newspaper article (DYKYC) "Demolition Threatens Structures on Bee St." (date not indicated); Rosen and Associates inspection reports (2006, 2008).
|Subjects||Historic buildings--South Carolina--Charleston|
Radcliffeborough and Cannonborough
|Physical Description||1 File Folder|
|Object ID #||BEE.024.001|