|Title||67 Anson Street (St. Stephen's Episcopal Church)|
|Object Type||Property File|
|Scope & Content||
Constructed 1835-1837. Built, and possibly designed, by John and Henry Horlbeck. The church's restrained classicism is evident in its arched center doorway, surmounted by a tablet and flanking stucco recesses with interspersed Tuscan pilasters on three sides of the building. The simplicity of the interior is relieved by the Doric columns supporting the gallery, the barrel-vaulted ceiling, and the arched chancel window. Also of interest are marble memorials to Sarah Hopton Russell and Sarah Russell Dehon.
File contains narrative history; house history from Information for Charleston Tour Guides; photocopies of ARP photographs; measured drawing of interior floor plan; newspaper articles; St. Stephen's pamphlet re: Church history; article "St. Stephen's Guardian Angels: the Four Sarahs"; Rosen and Associates Inspection Report (2007).
Historic buildings--South Carolina--Charleston
St. Stephen's Episcopal Church (Charleston, S.C.)
Church buildings--South Carolina--Charleston
Ansonborough Rehabilitation Project (ARP)
|Physical Description||1 File Folder|
|Related Records||Show Related Records...|
|Object ID #||ANSON.067.001|