|Object ID #||BULL.051.001|
|Title||51 Bull Street (Holy Trinity Reformed Episcopal Church)|
|Object Type||Property File|
|Scope & Content||
Constructed ca. 1880. This congregation was formed as small groups of African-Americans left the Protestant Episcopal Church to join the Reformed Episcopal church. In 1875 this congregation was organized under its present name, and in 1876 the site at 51 Bull Street was aquired. Construction was begun by 1880, and the church was built in 3 weeks for the cost of $1,000.
File contains brief narrative history; 115th church anniversary publication which has brief narrative history); measured drawing.
Historic buildings--South Carolina--Charleston
Churches/Synagogues/Houses of Worship
|Physical Description||1 File Folder|