|Object ID #||ANSON.074.001|
|Title||74 Anson Street (Michael Foucaut House)|
|Object Type||Property File|
|Scope & Content||
Constructed ca. 1812; moved to its present location from 15 Wall Street in 1966. Originally built by a carpenter as his residence on Wall Street in the developing neighborhood of Middlesex. The building is a two-and-a-half story Charleston single house with beaded weatherboard siding and a simple one-story piazza. When the city decided to clear the former Middlesex neighborhood for construction of the Gaillard Auditorium, HCF bought the house and moved it to this location in 1966. Similar in form to its larger neighbor at 61 Laurens.
Two files contain documentation of the covenant on the property including title to real estate (describing restrictions); annual inspection reports; requests for alterations; correspondence and other documentation related to the sale and/or management of the property and/or of the covenant itself; historical/research information; copy of HCF easement information card (TMS number, year of construction, significant resident(s), deed research, deed restrictions, measurements, and tax information); original Title to Real Estate conveying the property to HCF in 1959.
See Covenant/Easement Inspection Photo Files for inspection photography.
Historic buildings--Conservation and restoration
Moving of buildings, bridges, etc.
Ansonborough Rehabilitation Project (ARP)
Before and after
Loutrel Briggs garden
1 Covenant/Management Folder
1 History/Miscellaneous Folder
|Related Records||Show Related Records...|