|Title||Ann Street (General)|
|Object Type||Property File|
|Scope & Content||
Ann Street was laid out in 1801 as one of the streets of Wraggborough. It was named for Ann Wragg (1731-1806), daughter of Joseph Wragg, and wife of Gen. Christopher Gadsden. (Source: Charleston Streets, website)
File contains report entitled "Ann Street Warehouses: Summary and Assessment of Existing Historic Fabric and Historic Preservation Planning Recommendations," prepared by Preservation Consultants, Inc., dated 11/29/88. This document was prepared in response to the proposed Visitor Reception and Transportation (VRTC). It presents historical background on the area; the railroad; the structures (Camden Depot, Charleston Bagging Manufacturing Company Warehouse, the Martschink Warehouse); the historic features and fabrics; and the architectural significance of the structures. Appendix includes National Historic Landmark Nominations dated 1976, 1981, and 1985 for the William Aiken House and Associated Railroad Structures.
No image on file.
Railroad companies--South Carolina--Charleston
Visitor Reception and Transportation Center (VRTC)
|Physical Description||1 File Folder|
|Object ID #||ANN.GEN.001|