|Object ID #||LAMBOLL.003.1|
|Title||3 Lamboll Street (Joshua Lockwood House)|
|Object Type||Property File|
|Scope & Content||
Lamboll Street was known as Smith's Lane in pre-Revolutionary days. An 1878 deed gives the address as Lamboll Street so by that time, Lamboll was its name. Earlier deeds in the Smith's Lane years when Joshua Lockwood owned the property describes the lot "with wooden dwelling house and the out buildings thereon..." so the house predates the street's current name. (Source: FOHG house history)
No additional house history on file. Needs further research.
File contains FOHG house history (3½ Lamboll) (1995); chain-of-title research notes (undated, unattributed); photocopies of portions of deeds/titles (1805, 1879, 1925, 1952, 1978); newspaper article about Mary Rutledge Smith portrait "residence" at 3 Lamboll (DYKYC, date not indicated).
|Subjects||Historic buildings--South Carolina--Charleston|
|Physical Description||1 File Folder|
|Related Records||Show Related Records...|