|Title||129 Church Street (Jones Schoolbred House)|
|Object Type||Property File|
|Scope & Content||
Typical 2-story, weatherboarded Charleston single house, dating before 1779. At that time, the property was deeded from Jones Schoolbred to James Elmore with a building on it for 400 pounds sterling. The property has changed hands frequently over the last 2 centuries and may have served as the parsonage for the French Huguenot Church and Rev. Martin Detargerry.
File contains FOHG house history (1997); handwritten (staff) historical notes (scant).
|Subjects||Historic buildings--South Carolina--Charleston|
|Physical Description||1 File Folder|
|Object ID #||CHURCH.129.1|