|Title||10 Bedon's Alley (Adam Tunno's Outbuilding)|
|Object Type||Property File|
|Scope & Content||
The Adam Tunno outbuildings (here and the companion building at 8 Bedon's Alley) were originally part of a larger complex of dependencies and service buildings that stretched behind the main house at 89 East Bay. The exact date of construction is unknown but they appear on the Edmund Petrie Ichnograph of Charleston, a fire insurance plat based on a 1788 survey. This and the other structures were rescued in the 1920s and 1930s by Susan Pringle Frost and renovated as individual dwellings with the detailing and landscape treatments in the Colonial Revival style.
File contains FOHG house histories (1988 and 1992); photocopy of a photograph.
|Subjects||Historic buildings--South Carolina--Charleston|
|Physical Description||1 File Folder|
|Related Records||Show Related Records...|
|Object ID #||BEDONS.010.001|