|Title||49 Charlotte Street|
|Object Type||Property File|
|Scope & Content||
The family of Mrs. Johnson Hagood owned the property at this corner since 1880 and her parents, Mr. and Mrs. Adams, lived above the grocery store next door. Mr. Adams, an engineer, along with Mr. Hagood, designed the studio and 2 dwelling units themselves before turning it over to an architect to work out the details. It is shown as a very sympathetic adaptive use of property where the old buildings were lost. (Source: FOHG history; needs further research.)
File contains FOHG history (undated and scant).
No image on file.
|Subjects||Historic buildings--South Carolina--Charleston|
Mazyckborough and Wraggborough
|Physical Description||1 File Folder|
|Object ID #||CHARLOTTE.049.01|